Thursday, September 4, 2008

4-month Check-up


This morning I reminded Kyle that we were taking Hannah to the doctor today. After I asked him what their doctor's name is and was told "Pretty Doctor Young", he asked me if Hannah needed medicine and I said that she would need some shots. He said "no shots! hurt" It's so sweet to see him looking out for his sister, but I reassured him that she needed the shots so she wouldn't get sick.

Our biggest concern (and only) for this check-up is her lack of healthy sleep habits at night. Because Hannah's weight gain has significantly slowed according to the growth charts (she's "only" 13 pounds 15.6 ounces) and because her sleep patterns have regressed, Dr Young suggested that we try some rice cereal in the evenings to see if we can help to satisfy her little tummy through the night. Our big girl is also 25" tall (75th percentile) so who knows, she may be taller than her mother! The "best" part of the visit is that a few of the vaccinations are now combined, so she needed only two shots instead of four. Poor Hannah fell asleep waiting for the nurse to come, so she was very rudely awakened with the pricks.

The above photo is of Kyle reading Hannah a story before his nap, I was told that I wasn't allowed to sit on the futon with them!

No comments: