Monday, May 5, 2008

Four-Days Old

Hannah and I came home from the hospital yesterday morning, after spending 3 nights there. I wasn't managing to get much sleep as she was keeping me up at night, and it was difficult napping during the day when she did, as there was so much noise around the hospital. So, I am looking forward to having a little more R&R at home, it definitely helps to have Dave home from work with me for the next two weeks.

We took Hannah to meet her doctor this morning and to have a weight check. The pediatrician who had been seeing her daily at the hospital was a little concerned by her weight loss as she was down to 8 pounds 7.4 ounces by Sunday, but he still felt comfortable enough to send us home, as long as we did a weight check today. She's been nursing like a little champ, and was back up to over 8 pounds 14 ounces this morning! If we keep this up, she'll be back at her birth weight before we know it.

Kyle loves having his baby sister at home now, and we are trying very hard to teach him what it is to be gentle around her! They are both napping now, so time for me to join them. Thanks for all on the words of congratulations that we have received, and sorry that we haven't had a chance to answer them all yet.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome Hannah! You are such a cutie and I can't wait to meet you (and see the rest of the fam!). Much love, Auntie Laura

Slowrunnings said...

Hi Fiona, it's your useless cousin Amy here! Congratulations on the birth of Hannah, she looks gorgeous - and of course many belated congrats on the birth of Kyle. I hope you are all doing well and nice to see such lovely family photos - hi to Dave of course too!

I hope Laura and her family are well and your mum and dad - maybe I'll get round to updating my blog site with a little info and photos too one day!

Wishing you all the best and lots of love,

Amy, Lee, Harry and Lily xxx