Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Eagerly awaiting Baby

Kyle is getting very excited to have Baby joining us soon, and keeps telling her (or him, although Kyle wants a sister) "out, out, out!" He was happy yet again to go to the OB visit with me yesterday (and this time we were joined by Daddy, who misses all of the visits he was able to make when I was pregnant with Kyle) and to hear Baby's heartbeat on the Doppler.

I had my last ultrasound today to check out the size, and this little one appears to be right on track according to dates, but I don't have the weight estimate yet. The tech showed me the hair waving around in the fluid, and we saw the eyes shifting around and eyelids blinking, as well as the little one drinking and swallowing fluid. Kyle was very excited to see the pictures of the face afterward, although they do take a little imagination to pick out the features at this point, when baby is getting so big!

I am now at full term now, so we are trying to prepare for baby's arrival any day now, although like Kyle, this one seems to be taking his or her own time. I have a C-section scheduled on May 2nd, in case the stork hasn't arrived by then!

No comments: